Forums - NPE failed to build network with DSP

1 post / 0 new
NPE failed to build network with DSP
aliamir
Posted: Tue, 2018-10-09 16:42

Hi there,

I've converted Mobilenet SSDLite V2 from here using snpe-1.19.2 and was able to successfully run the converted model with CPU and GPU on Android with the following settings:

- Output layers set to "Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression"

- Cpu fallback enabled

- No user supplied buffers

However, when with runtime order set to DSP and the exact same values for settings mentioned above the build() call fails with an exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create network! Cause: error_code=910; error_message=Undefined error. Failed to load network.  Error code: -6.; error_component=SNPE; line_no=293; thread_id=500465519016
        at com.qualcomm.qti.snpe.internal.NativeNetwork.nativeInitFromBuffer(Native Method)
        at com.qualcomm.qti.snpe.internal.NativeNetwork.<init>(NativeNetwork.java:69)
        at com.qualcomm.qti.snpe.SNPE$NeuralNetworkBuilder.build(SNPE.java:265)

From looking at the debug output I see the following for a successful run:

D/snpe-android: Built SNPE instance...

Network pool updated, added [0x73e386a558] count: 1

Network initialization took 1337 ms

And the following for a DSP failed run:

D/snpe-android: Building SNPE instance...
D/snpe-android: Built SNPE instance...
D/snpe-android: Network pool updated, added [0x0] count: 0

The interesting thing is that if I don't set output layers to "Postprocessor/BatchMultiClassNonMaxSuppression" the network runs fine. I was wondering if anyone faced the same issue and if someone could help me resolve it?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.