Forums - Official support for Ubuntu 18, Python 3

1 post / 0 new
Official support for Ubuntu 18, Python 3
jontzbaker
Posted: Wed, 2018-09-19 08:11

Hi all.

According to the SNPE Setup page, the "development environment is limited to Ubuntu, specifically version 14.04" and we must use "Python 2.7".

Now, I don't want to sound pushy, but we only got seven months left until the end of life of Ubuntu 14 and Caffe's Ubuntu prebuilt libraries are Python3 only.

Ubuntu images available at the Windows Store for the Windows Subsystem for Linux also come with Python3 preinstalled and no Python2 (Windows is important to me because CAD).

I am currently running the Engine on Ubuntu 16 without any major problems but it would be nice to know that there is work being done to this SDK in order to upgrade its dependencies. This is important to ensure devs (myself included) stick to the SDK in the long term.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.