Forums - Using a different NDK?

1 post / 0 new
Using a different NDK?
michael10
Posted: Mon, 2019-03-25 11:47

I've downloaded Hexagon SDK 3.4.2 for Linux (also tried 3.4.3 but its still using NDK r14b) and modified the calculator example to prototype some of my own code.

In attempting to link another static library with some other code I use, I get link errors unable to find stdout and stderr. After some research I notice Hexagon SDK by default uses NDK r14 and Android API 21 (I think from memory but correct me if I'm wrong). My library is built with NDK r19b and using Android API 28.

I have tried setting ANDROID_ROOT_DIR to use either NDK r19b or NDK r17 and ANDROID_PLATFORM_DIR (for Android API 28) but the NDK r19b is very different directory structure and file names than what Hexagon SDK is expecting (clang compiler is now named differently); meanwhile r17 that is downloadable from Google does not have system headers that Hexagon SDK is looking for either (no stdint.h to be picked up by the #include_next somewher in the Hexagon SDK?).

Is it possible to use an NDK more recent than r14b and if so which and how to configure the build environment for the NDK not provided as part of the Hexagon SDK?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.