Forums - image sensor i2c address

1 post / 0 new
image sensor i2c address
emeel
Posted: Mon, 2017-02-13 00:50

I want to replace the image sensor on an APQ820 Dragonbaord by another similar image sensor but with a different I2C address. (CSI-2/MIPI)

Where can I enter the I2C address of the new image sensor in the devicetree (dtsi) files? I find the below entry for cci/camera but reg<0> simply points at the camera "cell-index", not the actual i2c address. 

qcom,camera@0 {
cell-index = <0>;
compatible = "qcom,camera";
reg = <0x0>;

However for example for the eeprom the dts entry contains the i2c address (slave-addr) of the eeprom:

eeprom1: qcom,eeprom@1 {
cell-index = <1>;
reg = <0x1>;
qcom,eeprom-name = "onsemi_cat24c16";
compatible = "qcom,eeprom";
qcom,slave-addr = <0xa0>;

Why the eeprom has an i2c address but the camera doesn't need it? Where can I enter the i2c address of the image sensor if not under above qcom,camera@0{ }  node?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.