Forums - Latency issues with FastRPC

1 post / 0 new
Latency issues with FastRPC
khorowitz
Posted: Tue, 2016-03-15 13:47

I'm working on a latency-sensitive application with the Open-Q DragonBoard 820.  I have the examples compiling and running as well as some of my own test projects.

I've noticed that there seems to be a large, typically ~50ms delay when first calling a method through the idl interface using FastRPC.  According to the documentation, this is most likely the cache synchronization which is fine.  The problem is that subsequent calls still incur a 1-2ms latency.  I assume this is a result of scheduling the dsp from FastRPC because the delay occurs even when the method is empty, not doing any work.

My question is: is this normal to expect a 2ms penalty to call aDSP code?  Is there a way I can reduce this significantly somehow?  Is FastRPC the only way to communicate with the aDSP, or can a program request lower level or higher priority access?

Some things I've tried already: Increasing the CPU thread priority doesn't seem to have an effect.  Reducing the input buffer sizes doesn't have a significant effect.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.