Forums - Adreno 630 QCDX driver regression

1 post / 0 new
Adreno 630 QCDX driver regression
joshuah.rainstar
Posted: Mon, 2019-11-18 08:54

I'm not sure where to post/request/send this information since I cannot submit case requests.
I understand my first contact should be the lenovo customer support hotline, but the escalation procedure may take months.

Currently, I am running windows 1909, RTM, using the september Lenovo System Update driver package off Windows Update Catalog,
on a Lenovo Yoga C630-13Q50 netbook, on the Snapdragon 850 platform. On the previous revision supported by the hardware, 1809, there was no regression, however, on updating to this new version(which IS supported by microsoft as a legitimate configuration on this hardware) a regression has appeared within the driver stack. I believe it is exclusively within the updated driver, and not within windows.

When the system has been in various forms of being "on", including standby, for more than a day or two, sometimes, when attempting to decode a HEVC encoded video, in the H.265 format, the graphics driver will crash, recover, and then the machine will completely become unresponsive before the w32k power watchdog times out and the system bugchecks and does a reset.

The lenovo and qualcomm developers who worked on supporting this hardware, I understand from looking at strings in the driver files, firmware files, and associated misc files, all operated out of offices near or in the Qualcomm San Diego HQ. This posting is an attempt to inform them that they have a potential regression or issue which they will inevitably be asked to fix from downstream. 

Sincerely yours.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.