Forums - Versioning Issue Breaks Calculator Example

1 post / 0 new
Versioning Issue Breaks Calculator Example
cabreraam
Posted: Thu, 2020-10-29 10:28

Hi all,

I have just recently installed the Hexagon SDK v3.5.2, which I believe has Hexagon Tools version 8.3.07. The calculator example documenation that accompanies this build specifies command

make tree V=hexagon_Debug_dynamic_toolv82_v65

Issuing this command, I received errors similar to this forum post.

I get linker errors that look like this:

Error: /some/dir/Hexagon_SDK/3.5.2/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.3.07//Tools/bin/../target/hexagon/lib/v65/G0/libc++.a(.text+0x0): undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_lock'

Which tells me I'm missing the pthread library during the linking step. However, looking at this blog post, I see that there's essentially a versioning issue with the Hexagon tools. By changing the make command to reflect the correct Hexagon tools version, i.e.,
make tree V=hexagon_Debug_dynamic_toolv83_v65
this fixed the linker error. Which is nice.

My question is, how did this fix the issue? I've looked at a lot of the .dep files, and the /some/dir/Hexagon_SDK/3.5.2/build/make.d/rules.min file to understand how this change manifests itself in the build scripts to try and understand how this fixes the issue, but I am coming up short. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Anthony

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.