Forums - Hexagon IDE Not Hitting Breakpoints

1 post / 0 new
Hexagon IDE Not Hitting Breakpoints
brian.debrit
Posted: Tue, 2022-03-29 07:44

Hi,

I am trying to debug some code that was built using our Cmake build system. I have imported the code into Hexagon IDE using Import -> C/C++ -> Existing Code as Makefile Project -> Hexagon LLVM Toolchain. I am still building the code from command line, I just import to get Hexagon IDE to enumerate the code so that I can debug. Note: Our build system is quite large, so it would not be practical to create a Hexagon IDE project by adding source files and include directories. 

I then create a debug configuration using  Hexagon C/C++ Application. When I select Project -> my_cmake_project_root_path, Hexagon IDE then picks up the programs built from the command line, so I can load the program (binary executable) that I would like to debug. 

This all works to a point, I can launch the debug configuration the main source file is loaded by the debug configuration and I can start stepping through the main function. Problems arise, though, when I start to set breakpoints. The debugger will hit breakpoints set within the main function, but once the program counter starts nesting down through functiuons, breakpoints are no longer hit. There doesn't seem to be a definite pattern to this.. sometimes breakpoints are hit, soetimes they are not. It generally disimproves with increasing volume of debugged code.. i.e. the more code debugged, the less likely it is to hit breakpoints. 

Any tips insights here would be greatly appreciated. 

Brian

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.