Forums - FastCV performance on DSP

1 post / 0 new
FastCV performance on DSP
louis.muffang
Posted: Tue, 2020-10-27 02:14

Hello,

I have some execution time issues when I call fastCV function on the implementation on the DSP side after a FastRPC call. I am using a SDM845 and Hexagon SDK 3.5.2

I use fcvTrackLKOpticalFlowu8_v3() and fcvGeomHomographyRobustFitf32_v2() with the DSP at 940MHz. The KLT traking is perfomed roughly in 8ms and the homography can take up to 50ms in the worst cases. I used ION buffer with rpcmem to allocate the memory and linked libfastcvadsp to my skel shared object. Everything else seem to works just fine.

I tried the same function on he CPU side (same parameters, same images) and I got much better timing (1.6ms for the KLT traking and the homography never took longer than 1.5ms). For this I linked the static library libfastcv.a. In this case I did not set an operation mode or even used fcvMemInit() and fcvMemAllloc(), I kept my ION buffers.

Does somebody know what is happening? It hard to understood what FastCV does once I call its function.

Thanks for your help! Feel free to ask if you want more information on my problem.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.