Forums - Inserting external AEC into audio path for HFP Bluetooth call

1 post / 0 new
Inserting external AEC into audio path for HFP Bluetooth call
Jake
Posted: Wed, 2020-03-11 10:07
I want to evaluate different software AECs from different vendors on the SA8155P platform in the context of HFP calls (Bluetooth).

1. Can I disable the ECNS module in the ADSP and route/offload the microphone signal(s) and the speaker signal to an external AEC from another vendor and have that external AEC do the processing and then return the processed audio to the ADSP? If so, how is it done? Any examples that I can look at? Any documentation on this?

From what I've read so far, it seems that offloading is done by implementing a module to run on mDSP. It is also my understanding that the implementation of offloading is done within the Elite framework (which runs on QuRT) using CAPIv2. Is this correct? 

It is also my understanding that the offloading causes signals (selected by the implementor) to be routed off to mDSP where they're go through a custom DSP module on mDSP after which the processed signals are routed back to aDSP to go through the regular signal pipeline. Is this correct?

2. What are the requirements that the external AEC must meet to be able to do the offloading? If the AEC is available as source code, how and where do I compile it? If it's a library, which toolchain should the vendor use to build the library? 

Please suggest what I should gather to understand this topic in detail (tools, source code examples, documentation etc) ? 

Thank you.
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.