Forums - OpenGLES and OpenWFD integration

1 post / 0 new
OpenGLES and OpenWFD integration
burak.seker
Posted: Wed, 2022-12-14 00:53

Hello all,

I am developing an application on SA8155P on which QNX 7.0 runs. In the application, I want to render a basic cube via OpenGL ES 3 and display it using OpenWFD API.

Is there any way for this kind of architecture to work?

Up to now, I tried some methods listed below.

1. I created an  EGLImage via OpenWFD API ( wfdCreateWFDEGLImages(...) ), then feed the EGLImageHandle to OpenGLES as Renderbuffer storage using glEGLImageTargetRenderbufferStorageOES(...) funtion. However, it returns GL_INVALID_OPERATION.
  2. I created a framebuffer and renderbuffer(for off-screen rendering in OpenGLES), create an EGLImage from renderbuffer using EGL API ( eglCreateImage(...) ). Then try to create WFDSource from this EGLImage to be able to bind it to WFD Pipeline. However, wfdCreateSourceFromImage(...) function returns NULL for WFDSource.
  3. I tried to create a wfdwindow using the following struct definitions, and try to create an EGL surface by using this wfdWindow. However, eglCreateWindowSurface(...) gives error and does not accept the wfdWindow I provided.
typedef struct wfd_buffer {
    WFD_EGLImageType*   image;
    WFDSource           source;
} wfd_buffer_t;

typedef struct wfd_window {
    WFDDevice       dev;
    WFDPort         port;
    WFDPipeline     pipeline;
    unsigned int    numBuffers;
    wfd_buffer_t    buffers[MAX_NUM_OF_WFD_BUFFERS];
} wfd_window_t;

4.  I tried to query wfd devices via EGL API ( eglQueryDevicesEXT(..) ), however this extension is not available for me to use.

Right now, I am stuck, I am not sure this is the right place to ask this, but I appriciate any help

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.