Forums - SIGABRT when linking OpenCL kernel

1 post / 0 new
SIGABRT when linking OpenCL kernel
josh1
Posted: Sun, 2021-03-14 21:41

I'm sometimes getting the following error during the linking stage when building a kernel.

A/libc: Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 17393 (.fhe.benchmarks), pid 17393 (.fhe.benchmarks)

The error appears when compiling and linking the following kernel code, which is the shortest failing example I've been able to produce so far.

struct U {
    uint high;
    uint mid;
    uint low;
};
struct V {
    uint high;
    uint low;
};
struct V bar(struct U y) {
    struct V res;
    res.low = y.low;
    res.high = y.mid;
    return res;
}
uint foo(struct U y) {
    struct U q;
    q.high = 1;
    q.mid = 2;
    q.low = 3;

// If I use the following lines to set r1 instead of
    // calling bar, then the kernel links without error.
    //struct V r1;
    //r1.low = y.low;
    //r1.high = y.mid;
    struct V r1 = bar(y);

struct V r2 = bar(q);
    return r1.low - r2.low;
}
__kernel void Broken(__global uint *out) {
    struct U A;
    A.high = 0;
    A.mid = 0;
    A.low = 1;

// If I remove one of the calls to foo then the kernel links successfully
    out[get_global_id(0)] = foo(A) + foo(A);
}

The device I am using is an LG G7 ThinQ, and I am using /system/vendor/lib64/libOpenCL.so. If anyone has any insight into this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I am relatively new to programming on Android and with OpenCL, so it may be possible that I am doing something wrong that is causing or contributing to this.

I've included some of the OpenCL properties of my device below:

CL_PLATFORM_PROFILE: FULL_PROFILE
CL_PLATFORM_VERSION: OpenCL 2.0 QUALCOMM build: commit #d424b94 changeid #If195280fd4 Date: 12/24/19 Tue Local Branch:  Remote Branch: quic/gfx-adreno.lnx.1.0.r72-rel
CL_PLATFORM_NAME: Snapdragon(TM)
CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR: QUALCOMM
CL_PLATFORM_EXTENSIONS:  
CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID: 3209509963
CL_DEVICE_AVAILABLE: 1
CL_DEVICE_COMPILER_AVAILABLE: 1
CL_DEVICE_LINKER_AVAILABLE: 1
CL_DEVICE_EXECUTION_CAPABILITIES: CL_EXEC_KERNEL
CL_DEVICE_QUEUE_PROPERTIES: CL_QUEUE_OUT_OF_ORDER_EXEC_MODE_ENABLE CL_QUEUE_PROFILING_ENABLE
CL_DEVICE_NAME: QUALCOMM Adreno(TM)
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR: QUALCOMM
CL_DRIVER_VERSION: OpenCL 2.0 QUALCOMM build: commit #d424b94 changeid #If195280fd4 Date: 12/24/19 Tue Local Branch:  Remote Branch: quic/gfx-adreno.lnx.1.0.r72-rel Compiler E031.37.03.00
CL_DEVICE_PROFILE: FULL_PROFILE
CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 2.0 Adreno(TM) 630
CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION: OpenCL C 2.0 Adreno(TM) 630
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.