Forums - CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY at clBuildProgram

1 post / 0 new
CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY at clBuildProgram
michal.hradecky
Posted: Thu, 2017-02-23 06:33

Hello,

I trying to debug a problem in my OpenCL kernel using the "-cl-opt-disable" option for clBuildProgram because I have a suspicion that compiler optimized my code in a bad way. But the problem is that if i try to compile it with "-cl-opt-disable" I always get error code -6 CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY.

I'm using OpenQ820 kit with Adreno 530, Android N and 3GB of memory in total.

Native binary executable is cross-compiled but the CL kernel is compiled at run-time on the kit. The optimized version (for test purposes workgroup size was only 2x2x1) used 4072B of local mem/workgroup and 936B of private memory/work-item.

Does this error really mean that I dont have enought host memory or does it have something to do with kernel being too long/complex. I even tried adding 32GB swap partition on SD card but the result was always the same.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.