Forums - CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE for Nexus 5

1 post / 0 new
CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE for Nexus 5
amitrane2092
Posted: Wed, 2016-05-11 03:19

I'm currently running the rodinia benchmarks (OpenCL version) on Nexus 5 using android ndk, to monitor the changes in the temperature of the CPU and the GPU. After compiling the binaries for offloading the workload to the GPU, I'm able to run the program successfully. However, when I'm trying to run the program with CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU, the clBuildProgram fails with CL_COMPILER_NOT_AVAILABLE. With a device query, the CPU as well as the GPU are listed as OpenCL compatible devices. I'm having troubles understanding why Qualcomm would have an OpenCL compatible CPU device, but not a compiler included in its libraries to build the kernels from source. Does qualcomm have an offline compiler that I need to use? How do I solve this problem?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.