Forums - Region-of-Interest Encoding with H.264 Hardware Encoder on MSM8960

1 post / 0 new
Region-of-Interest Encoding with H.264 Hardware Encoder on MSM8960
dustin.wright37
Posted: Mon, 2013-11-11 16:56

Hello,

I am using the qcom_video_codec_sample_1_3_1 sample code to encode live video captured on a DragonBoard APQ8060A (msm8960) to H.264 and stream this to a separate computer, viewing the stream using VLC. I would like to employ region of interest encoding in this system in order to increase bandwidth efficiency, so I was curious if the H.264 hardware encoder supported region of interest encoding and, if so, how to use it?

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.