Forums - How to decode the video resolution less than VGA on devices with QualComm SoC?

1 post / 0 new
How to decode the video resolution less than VGA on devices with QualComm SoC?
AdityaB
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2013-10-09 01:35
I am trying to do hardware encoding and hardware decoding (avc) of NV21 stream using Android MediaCodec API. When using OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc, 640x480 resolution works fine, while 320x240, 160x120 produce output where chroma component seems shifted. I have observed this problem thus far on devices using QualComm SoC (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Core Duos). Does anyone has this working properly? Do I have to do something at the encoder side so that the decoded video is proper? Please give me insight and your thoughts.
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.