Forums - Documentation on OMX AVC encoder's capabilities per MSM platform

1 post / 0 new
Documentation on OMX AVC encoder's capabilities per MSM platform
bjorn.h
Posted: Fri, 2014-03-14 10:56

Hello,

I'm working on an H.264 encoding application on the MSM8974 platform (Nexus 5) and configuring parameters in OMX via the OMX_VIDEO_PARAM_AVCTYPE structure.

I've read the OMX_Video.h header descriptions, but I'm pretty sure the OMX component (hardware encoder) has constraints beyond what the header implies; for example nRefFrames in the H.264 standard (and in the header) suggests 1 thru 16, but it appears the encoder actually maxes out at 2.

I'd like to apprach this from a documentation perspective if such documentation is available to developers. 

Any leads appreciated!

Bjorn

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.