Forums - OMX encoder dont work in low bitrate

1 post / 0 new
OMX encoder dont work in low bitrate
ahkovitz
Posted: Tue, 2023-02-21 05:04

HI,

I have recently started exploring the video interface that provided by qualcomm SDK for Gstreamer. Unfortunately, some issues arose when working with the provided OMX encoder.

I invoked some pipeline that use omxh264enc plugin, For video that set at resolution 480P,I noticed that omxh264enc can work only with high bit-rate (5Mbit/sec), When i used lower bitrate as 2Mbit/sec, the video was grainy. 

pipeline: qtiqmmfsrc camera=1 device=hires latency=0 ! video/x-raw(memory:GBM),width=640,height=480,format=NV12,framerate=30/1 ! omxh264enc target-bitrate=2000000 control-rate=2 ! video/x-h264,profile=main !  h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96

videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8xhjkZtAcU

* when tuning the profile parameter to high, the video was corrupted. Also i couldn't set the level param of the encoder.

At other effort  i used  the qtiqmmfsrc plugin with lower bitrate (1.2Mb/sec)  then i used in omxh264enc. I recevied clear stream as follow by this video 

pipelineqtiqmmfsrc camera=1 device=hires video_0::bitrate=1200000 ! video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,format=NV12,framerate=30/1 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96

video: https://youtu.be/0SBMoc8VSB8

My question is how can i make the omxh264enc work with low bit rate ?

Thank you,
Amit.

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.