Forums - Will the RB5 suite my project?

1 post / 0 new
Will the RB5 suite my project?
s124027
Posted: Thu, 2022-01-20 11:48
Hello everyone

I am a computer engineering student working on my final year project. I would like to purchase a development kit for the project. I have gone through several of the available options and am unable to decide which one will best fit my needs. I have considered several kits and feel that the  Qualcomm Robotics RB5 Development Kit would suite my job, but I want to make sure that it will do.

My needs are as follows:

- The scope of the project is to design a handheld, battery powered system that can do computer vision and ML/AI algorithms. The system will be used to assist visually impaired people by performing facial recognition, scene description, OCR, and vSLAM.

- The systems will consist of a processing unit that is connected to a handheld pointer. The pointer contains the camera and few input buttons. (The processing unit will be put in the person's pocket. Think of it as a power bank.)

- I prefer to work in Linux and Python + OpenCV.

I would like to hear from you whether the RB5 will be able to fit my needs. If not, what other platforms do you suggest?

Thanking you,

Hussain
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.