Forums - Frame Capture Time Increasing

1 post / 0 new
Frame Capture Time Increasing
kadirdogan
Posted: Wed, 2022-01-19 03:18
Hi,
I am using the RB5 Vision Kit. I have been stuck on some points. I am trying to get the video from the main camera with OpenCV.(You can see my codes below). The problem is read time of a frame increases after some time.
For example, Initially, each frame is reading something like 0.7-0.9 milliseconds but after some time, 20-25 seconds later, It's starting to slow down, ie. average read time increasing sharply, even If I wait for enough, ie. 2 min, read time going to 30 milliseconds. 
What's the problem with that? 
Thanks.

cap.open("qtiqmmfsrc camera=0 name=qmmf ! video/x-raw, format=NV12, width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1 !  videoconvert !  appsink", cv::CAP_GSTREAMER);

tm.start();
 cap.read(frame);
tm.stop();
        qDebug() << "Average time per iteration in miliseconds: " << tm.getAvgTimeMilli() << captureFrameIndex_u64;

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.