Forums - Is I2C burst mode supported for Lens driver at Qualcomm platform

1 post / 0 new
Is I2C burst mode supported for Lens driver at Qualcomm platform
chmsmehdi
Posted: Tue, 2021-03-02 08:19

Dear Qualcomm team and QDN community,                                    

This is about QUALCOMM cam sensor Actuator  integration so the subject might be differnet.

I wonder if the I2C burst mode is supported or present a limitation within buildbins.py QUALCOMM script

Any actuator module should has an XML file containing I2C setting to initialize the HW lens driver.

This XML should be compiled into a binary within buildbins.py  script

Below blog shares an examples of XML organization(below) where we see I2C data are written byte by byte, so each register is handled

separately(see below)  while we need to send I2C data at once (I2C Burst mode).

https://www.cnblogs.com/schips/p/qualcomm_camx_bring_up_actuator.html

<regSetting>
      <!--Register address that is accessed -->
      <registerAddr>0x02</registerAddr>
      <!--If operation is WRITE, registerData is the data value to be written into the specified register address
          If operation is READ, registerData is the number of bytes to be read from the specified register address -->
      <registerData>0x02</registerData>
      <!--Register address / data size in bytes -->
      <regAddrType range="[1,4]">1</regAddrType>
      <!--Register address / data size in bytes -->
      <regDataType range="[1,4]">1</regDataType>
      <!--Type of the operation
          Valid values are: WRITE, READ, POLL -->
      <operation>WRITE</operation>
      <!--Delay in micro seconds -->
      <delayUs>0</delayUs>
    </regSetting>
    <!--Register setting configuration
        Contains: register address, register data, register address type, register data type, operation and delay in micro seconds -->
    <regSetting>

The <regAddrType range="[1,4]">1</regAddrType> limits the burst size to 4 bytes maximum.

Is it possible  to send I2C data at once ? is it a limitation of buildbins.py  or a limitation of  QUALCOMM platform ? can the script be modified to

support I2C burst mode ?

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards,

XIYANG

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.