Forums - Stream model slowness

1 post / 0 new
Stream model slowness
Art
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-18 06:43

Hi all

I am developing a system (based on CSR1010) with some specific requirements:

The devices communicate with our bridge (raspberry pi - android things) quite intensively. But receiving one package of 124 bytes by means of the stream model (StreamSendData function) takes about 10-15 seconds. It is quite a lot. It would be ok if we could receive our packages simultaneously. But it doesn't work properly. The code is equal to the code from 

app_data_stream.c file (CSRMeshLight example project).

I have been trying to remake my system to use some StreamSendDataBlock calls successively. But it seems the model doesn't send a packet immediately. It waits until some buffer is full and send data during some periods. If we try to put more data to the buffer than the buffer size, the extra data won't be sent. For example, I need to send 120 bytes of my data. But actually only 40 bytes(4 blocks) will be sent. I tried to put some delays between StreamSendDataBlock calls but without any success

My questions are:

-       Is there a way to overcome the slowness of the stream model? (StreamSendData func)

-       Is there a way to receive a stream simultaneously on the android system?

-       Is there a way to overcome StreamSendDataBlock issue?

I will be grateful for any help

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.