Forums - System Timer running slow

1 post / 0 new
System Timer running slow
Acutetech
Posted: Tue, 2016-12-13 09:43

The CSR1010 clock seems very accurate in some circumstances but becomes very inaccurate once the Bluetooth radio starts. Why is this and how do I fix it?

I have code which calls TimeGet48WithOffset() and converts the microseconds into a time and date. It does this by recording
the time the clock was "set", the value of the 48-bit system timer at that time, and then performing arithmetic when I want to know the time.
I can set a timer to wake up the CSR1010 every 10 minutes and print the time. This works very accurately (less than 1 second error over 24 hours). It provides me the RTC I need.

However when I start the BLE radio advertising the clock starts to lose time, badly. A clock that was correct at 3pm has lost 6 minutes by 5pm.

Why is the 48-bit timer losing time, and how can I adjust for this?

Alternatively, is there any way I can read a counter that the 32768 updates?

Thanks - Charles

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.