Forums - Random MAC Address with cell phone

1 post / 0 new
Random MAC Address with cell phone
engenharia.cwb
Posted: Fri, 2020-04-24 11:59
I am developing with the CSR1010 with the CSRmech Development Kit. I am having problems with the master / slave functions with the MAC address and the type (public or random) that the LM_EV_CONNECTION_COMPLETE_T API structure returns when establishing a connection with the cell phone. Even configuring CSR1010, in SDK 2.6.0.10 using GattConnectReq with the flags configured to connect to public MAC Address, when connecting to the cell phone, it reads a random MAC Address different from the MAC address of my cell phone. This happens with all Bluetooth 5.0 phones.

For example: I connect my cell phone to my CSR1010 module using GattConnectReq (NULL, L2CAP_OWN_ADDR_TYPE_PUBLIC). My phone has the starting MAC address "48: 2C", in debug mode, after connection, in the structure LM_EV_CONNECTION_COMPLETE_T -> HCI_EV_DATA_ULP_CONNECTION_COMPLETE_T -> BD_ADDR_T returns a completely different MAC Address value, in addition to being listed as Random MAC.

I would like to know how I can make a connection and read the correct MAC Address from my cell phone, the public type.
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.