1 post / 0 new
Read/Write data using BLE on CSR 8670
ank.khandelwal91
Posted: Tue, 2017-10-10 23:48

Hi, 

Platform: CSR 8670

ADK: 3.5.1

Android Application: NRF Connect

I have created a custom service, and declared the read and write characteristic as follows:

primary_service {

uuid : 0xFFE1,

name : "EXAMPLE_SERVICE",

characteristic {

uuid : 0xFF01,

name : "DATA_READ",

flags : [ FLAG_IRQ ],

properties : [ read , notify ],

value : 0x0,

},

characteristic {

uuid : 0xFF02,

name : "DATA_WRITE",

flags : [FLAG_IRQ],

properties : [write_cmd]

}

While writing to the characteruistic 0xFF02 using Android application, I can only write once, after that I have to connect again to the device in order to write again. Is it the usual behaviour ? And also when I use write with response, nothing happens.

While using the flag FLAG_AUTH_W along with FLAG_IRQ, the applicaiton shows that the data is being sent multiple times but I can not read it on the device side.

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.