Forums - NvmConfigureSpiFlash() breaks I2C

1 post / 0 new
NvmConfigureSpiFlash() breaks I2C
Acutetech
Posted: Fri, 2016-11-18 08:56

I have been happily using I2C and a large SPI flash on a CSR1010 design. For example I can read temperatures from an I2C sensor and store them in the flash - no problem. However when I attempt to add the NVM functions this breaks the I2C as soon as I call NvmConfigureSpiFlash() - after that there is no activity of the I2C pins. Similarly, the Nvm_Read() and Nvm_Write() calls work fine until I initialise the I2C driver, after which they fail (e.g. NVM_Read() returns error code 0x304).

I have the I2C device connected on PIO5 and PIO10 so there is no need for this to interact with the SPI Flash chip which does not share these pins.

AFAIK, the problem does not seem to be related to this thread, which seems to be related to I2C with an I2C EEPROM:

https://forum.csr.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/software/41847-prob...

Why do the Nvm and I2C interfere with each other, and how can I fix this? Could someone post the source of NvmConfigureSpiFlash(), for example?

Thanks - Charles

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.