Forums - Set LE Beacon Transmit Power CSR USB Dongle

1 post / 0 new
Set LE Beacon Transmit Power CSR USB Dongle
n8lbv
Posted: Sat, 2016-10-08 14:10

I'm not even sure if I'm in the right place or remotely close to the right place or if there is a right place to ask about this. 

​I am working in Linux with a USB bluetooth dongle that I *think* is built around a CSR1010. 

​I simply would like to learn how I can possibly change the Transmitter output level from the command line.  For LE mode.
​Or otherwise if not possible there.  

​I'm not finding any solid information anywhere else. 

​Any help or pointers would be very helpful. 

​I've looked in a lot of places aand already tried a few things for several days.
​But don't want to go into all that if I'm totally in the wrnog place. 

​Thanks. 

​I'm not even sure if ai have a 1010. 

root@raspberrypi:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

root@raspberrypi:~# hciconfig hci0
hci0:   Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
        BD Address: 00:15:83:EA:0A:B9  ACL MTU: 310:10  SCO MTU: 64:8
        UP RUNNING
        RX bytes:780 acl:0 sco:0 events:50 errors:0
        TX bytes:1110 acl:0 sco:0 commands:50 errors:0

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.