Forums - Le_create_connection giving command disallowed with 8510 A10 dongle

1 post / 0 new
Le_create_connection giving command disallowed with 8510 A10 dongle
pradprad
Posted: Tue, 2017-05-16 05:26

Hi, 

I have an 8510 A10 based dongle (manufactured by a taiwanese company). I have a setup where I am sending hci command from a PC application to the dongle over usb interface. 

While I am able to do legacy bluetooth connection easily, when i try to execute LE related HCI commands I face problems with create connection. 

LE create connection seem to be throwing error "command disallowed" all the time. Also doing LE scan yields no results.

I have a suspicion that since this dongle may not be having any storage for storing any patch files, I will need to download some kind of patch to it everytime. I am currently trying all the operations after doing just an HCI reset. 

Can somebody help me here with what I could be doing wrong here or what additional i need to do before executing these commands. 

Thanks a lot.

Pradeep

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.