Forums - QCA4002 OTA UPGRADE PROCEDURE

1 post / 0 new
QCA4002 OTA UPGRADE PROCEDURE
Luca122131
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-21 08:44
I have to upgrade a GT202-GI3013 - v.3.3.4 to firmware version 3.3.5 from my application.

I've created a const uint8_t firmware_buffer[] = {.....} which contains the binary code found in ota_image_AR400X_REV4_IOT_SP144_hosted_singleband.bin downloaded from your website.

This bin I think contains the header (firsts 24 Bytes) and the Firmware to write to the module.

I cannot find a procedure to use, but I think the steps would be:

1_ qcom_ota_session_start(QCOM_OTA_TARGET_FIRMWARE_UPGRADE, OTA_PARTITION_AUTO); 
   //If I set 0 is the same as OTA_PARTITION_AUTO, if I set 1 I think I can set the first partition, how many partitions have I in GT202-GI3013 QCA4002 ?
   //Is there a way to know which partition has been automatically selected?
2_ uint32_t offset = 0 ;
   qcom_ota_parse_image_header(firmware_buffer, &offset);
3_ qcom_ota_partition_erase(); //What's the difference between using qcom_ota_partition_format(idx) and which index could I use?
4_ uint32_t ret_size = 0;
   qcom_ota_partition_write_data(offset, firmware_buffer, firmware_buffer_size, &ret_size);
5_ qcom_ota_partition_verify_checksum();
6_ qcom_ota_session_end(1);

The problem is that after the   qcom_ota_partition_write_data(..) I cannot connect anymore with the device.

There's a way to flash the right firmware directly on the GT202 microprocessor?
What's the problem and what's the right process to update the firmware?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.