Forums - SP140 not flashing green LED when connected to PC via USB cable

1 post / 0 new
SP140 not flashing green LED when connected to PC via USB cable
andrell24
Posted: Thu, 2014-07-10 14:36

Hello,

I noticed that the green LED on the SP140 board is not flashing anymore when connected to PC via USB cable. I also noticed that sometimes when I interconnected the board with a J-Link to a PC via USB cables, there was a red LED displayed in the J-Link.

The cause of it that I remembered is because when after I download an active application using J-Link Debugger via IAR Embedded Workbench, a pop-up alert displayed something like with these messages "Device is secure. Erase to unsecure?", "Erase internal flash memory", "Kinetis MCU". I think I have made a wrong decision on clicking "Yes" to it. Then, that's the start when I noticed that the green LED in the SP140 board is not flashing anymore when connected to PC via USB cable.

I have tried following section 4.3 "Flashing Firmware Image to SP141" in the "Install and Config Guide" but unable to complete the procedures because the host.exe got stuck on "opening default. File size ______ bytes". Does this section can help to recover the erased internal flash memory? I thought of purchasing another SP140 board but maybe my current board will still be recovered. Besides, the SP140 board is somehow expensive for me.

Please give me advice and assistance to solve this problem. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Darrell 

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.