Forums - MSM8960 dual video decoder and post-processing possible?

1 post / 0 new
MSM8960 dual video decoder and post-processing possible?
xinchong
Posted: Mon, 2012-07-09 11:16

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

Hi,

We have proprietary video decoder which requires two AVC decoder instances plus some video post-processing. I'm evaluating the feasibility of implementing our codec on msm8960 (MDP). As far as I understand, OpenMAX IL supports multiple decoder instances but I'm not sure hardware accelerator can live with that. Another issue is that msm8960 video decoder generates proprietary YUV. I'm not sure if I can tackle it using Hexagon DSP or Adreno for post-processing. In addition, is there any plan to support Open CL in road map?

Thanks in advance!

-Chong

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.