Forums - Galaxy Note 4: glDrawArrays and glDrawElements fail with GL_INVALID_OPERATION

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Galaxy Note 4: glDrawArrays and glDrawElements fail with GL_INVALID_OPERATION
Pierre_Wang
Posted: Mon, 2015-05-18 01:31
We upgraded our Galaxy Note 4 (GPU is Adreno 420) to Android 5.0, and one app could not work. It showed black screen. The app worked well when it is Android 4.4.

We enabled glerror traces and found that the glDrawArrays failed with GL_INVALID_OPERATION.

D/libEGL  (10302): [glDrawArrays] 0x502

Our app is based on OpenGL ES 2.0. We enabled the opengl traces, and we found that when glDrawArrays is called, the bound buffer is not mapped. So why GL_INVALID_OPERATION poped up?

We also tried our app on Nexus 6, which also uses Adreno 420. The app worked well on both Android 4.4 and 5.0.

Could you please give us some suggestions? If you need, we can provide the apk.
  • Up0
  • Down0
Ayo Moderator
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2015-05-21 15:45

Hello Pierre.

This problem should be fixed in the next Android 5.1.1 update on the devices that show the problem.

If you observe the problem after the 5.1.1 update, please let us know.

Many thanks for the report.

• Up0
  • Down0
Pierre_Wang
Posted: Wed, 2015-05-27 03:05

Thank you. We temporarily fixed the problem by changing the shader. Hope the new update will be a final fix.

• Up0
  • Down0
luansa
Posted: Thu, 2015-09-03 16:42

Hi Pierre_Wang,
I am with a same problem in my project, error GL_INVALID_OPERATION in the glDrawArray. How do you altered the shader to fix temporarily the problem?

I am using a galaxy tab S with android 4.4.2. I want not update android in the moment.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.