|Skill Level||Area of Focus||Cloud Services/Platform||Platform/Hardware|
|Intermediate||IoT, Embedded, Smart Cities||Amazon AWS IoT||DragonBoard 410c|
This project is designed to use the DragonBoard™ 410c from Arrow Electronics as a smart gateway and run a node.js web application to create a “Mission Control Center” for an outdoor music festival. Organizers for the event venue can view the data being gathered from sensors across the music festival and take immediate action to deploy event services.
Application processors such as the APQ8016E found on the DragonBoard 410c are designed to provide an ideal platform for edge computing in an intelligent gateway. The main objective of this project is to use the advanced processing with high energy efficiency and pair it with AWS IoT to provide:
- Cost savings: compared to cloud-based computing, intelligent gateways can run analysis and functions locally to send only what is necessary to the cloud
- Tighter privacy and security: by keeping sensitive data local and operating end node devices behind a gateway
- Greater reliability and lower latency: by running functions locally on an intelligent gateway, the data flow (from node devices) and associated actions can continue regardless of any outages in network connectivity to the cloud
Source Code / Source Examples / Application Executable
Build / Assembly Instructions
Setting up the DragonBoard 410c:
- Open a terminal window.
- Execute below command in the command line.
$> curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_9.x | sudo -E bash
- Install NodeJS by executing the following command:
$> sudo apt-get install nodejs
- Install process manager module by executing the following command.
$> npm install pm2 -g
- Clone the GitHub Repository using the following command:
$> git clone https://github.com/globaledgesoft/Mission-Control
- Move to folder path ~/Mission-Control/webapp/ and execute the following command to start the application.
$> pm2 start app.js
Launch the Chrome Browser on the DragonBoard 410c.
To run through the demo sequence:
- You will see a notification that it is time to check on the sanitation situation.
- Tap on any trashcan to see status for it, or tap “Show All Levels”.
- Tap “Deploy Service Team” and drag and drop the service man to a full trashcan.
- Trash will clear, and a notification will direct you to Center Stage
After 10 seconds, that notification will clear, and take you back to the start screen
|PN Ramya||GlobalEdge Software|
|Abinesh S||GlobalEdge Software|
|Rakesh S||GlobalEdge Software|