|Skill Level||Area of Focus||Operating System|
IoT, Smart Home
Develop a home DragonBoard™ 410c DLNA Media Server that serves movies, videos, photos, and music to a local network to multiple simultaneous clients. Also demo the DragonBoard™ 410c as a client for applications such as bridging directly to TV's.
If you live in the 21st century, you have hundreds if not thousands of photos, music, and movies sitting on a hard drive in your house, but no easy way to access them. Wouldn’t it be nice to make all those photos and home movies available to everyone in the house at any time? Or how about playing all your own music over the home network? Solve for a personal need to allow family members to view all family photos and videos from any local device in the home.
This is easier than you might think with a DragonBoard™ 410c and some freely available open source software that supports DLNA, you can create a transparent local Media Server that provides easy simultaneous access to all this information to friends and family and have all your digital media available at your fingertips
Build / Assembly Instructions
Materials Required / Parts List / Tools
- 2 DragonBoard 410c boards
- 12V wall adapter
- Standard USB hard drive
- Standard home wireless router
Build / Assembly
- Built from existing open source components and requires instructions of what components required as well as configuration of these components.
- Blog post with sample code and instructions
- Would be usable in a home network environment with the goal of being able to serve movies, photos, and music to standard home devices including laptops, smartphones, and tablets over the home wireless network. This could also lead to a home device product in both the Client and Server use-cases.