3G/4G Connectivity (Gobi)
Qualcomm's Gobi™ platform for 3G/4G connectivity includes software enhancements for select Mobile Data Modem (MDM) chipsets which provide a common software interface (API) for developers to connect, locate, and manage the broadest range of 3G/4G devices in the industry. This interface helps streamline integration efforts, spur application development, and deliver greater flexibility by allowing carriers, manufacturers, and third-party developers to write once and reuse code across multiple platforms (tablets, notebooks, and machine-to-machine devices) spanning multiple operating systems (Windows®, Linux, Chrome, Android™).
The Gobi chipset family consists of multiple chips offering a variety of 3G/4G connectivity and GPS capabilities with backwards compatibility to legacy cellular networks that meet specific, tailored needs for a diverse selection of tablets, notebooks, and M2M devices.
The Gobi API includes a common set of C/C++ APIs for developing connection managers, GPS apps, and/or manageability solutions on wireless devices based on the following Qualcomm chipsets:
- MDM6200™: supports HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4 Mbps
- MDM6600™: supports HSPA+ data rates of up to 14.4 Mbps and CDMA2000® 1xEV-DO Rev. A/Rev. B
- MDM8220™: supports dual-carrier HSPA+ for data rates of up to 42 Mbps
- MDM9200™: supports LTE data rates of up to 100 Mbps with full backward compatibility to dual carrier HSPA+
- MDM9600™: supports LTE data rates of up to 100 Mbps with full backward compatibility to dual carrier HSPA+ and EV-DO Rev. A/Rev. B
Gobi Tools and Resources
Use the Gobi SDK to develop connection managers or portals, or develop code utilizing the Gobi module API.
Gobi Developer Forum
Collaborate with other Gobi developers and Qualcomm experts.
Gobi Tech Specs
Read up on the tech specs of the Gobi 2000 and Gobi 3000 module.