2net Connect API
What is 2net?
The 2net™ Platform from Qualcomm Life is truly novel, offering a set of wireless health solutions that can elegantly and reliably capture and deliver medical device data to integrated portals or databases from nearly ANY customers’ or collaborators’ wireless medical device for storage in a system designed for security. It’s a whole new way of connecting devices and liberating biometric data so that it becomes ubiquitous across the continuum of care.
The 2net Platform is a cloud-based system designed to be universally-interoperable with different medical devices and applications, enabling end-to-end wireless connectivity while allowing medical device users and their physicians or caregivers to easily access biometric data. With two-way connection capabilities and a broad spectrum of connection options, the 2net Platform will change the way you do business.
The 2net Platform supports SSL secure communication of data and is FDA listed as a Class I Medical Device Data System (MDDS). As an MDDS, it is designed, developed and manufactured in accordance with a quality system compliant with ISO13485 standards, meaning it aligns with the quality requirements of U.S. and international regulatory agencies in the healthcare industry.
2net Platform’s Data Center
There are four gateways onto the 2net Platform’s data center
- A standalone FDA-listed external device - the 2net Hub
- Medical devices with an embedded cellular component
- Medical data sent from mobile phones (enterprise partners)
- Service platform integration between the medical grade 2net Platform to customer and collaborator service platforms using application programming interfaces (APIs)
- Managed services and device management
- 4 Biometric data gateways
- Bi-directional communication between cloud, gateways, devices and apps
- 20+ year, proven enterprise data M2M platform
- Application Programming Interface (API)
- End-to-end privacy meeting HIPAA requirements
- OTA software updates to the 2net Hub
- Regulatory certifications (ISO certified, etc.)
- Global carrier relationships and integration
- Comprehensive turn-key offering
- Multiple biometric data source points
- Two-way communication
- Manageable interface points
- Peace of mind
- Robust software capabilities
- Ease-of-inclusion in 2net customer’s solution offering
- Single point of integration from customer to 2net Platform provides international footprint
The 2net Connect API
The 2net Connect API allows developers to build their own programs using biometric data collected from numerous fitness and medical devices. Device data is obtained from a patient’s device through several potential gateways, such as the 2net Hub, a mobile phone, a cellular-enabled medical device or a partner service application. Currently, the 2net Connect API requires a server to server connection to authenticate (direct access to the API from a mobile app is not supported at this time). 2net Connect is a RESTful Web Service and is available to app developers for use on any data-enabled platform, including Android, iOS, and Microsoft.
Developers have the opportunity to monetize the 2net API via an in-app subscription. Qualcomm Life will soon offer a 2net marketplace for developers to link with in order to earn affiliate revenue on the sale of 2net connected devices, apps and services.
The API is for consumer application development use only. An example of an application that uses 2net Connect APIs can be found in the Macaw application launched by US Preventive Medicine Inc on the iOS and Android platforms.