Which Processor is Right for You?
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processors were originally designed for mobile, but now can be embedded into virtually anything. Snapdragon processors support superior performance, low power consumption and integrated connectivity to make devices more aware, connected, intelligent and interactive.
Whatever stage of embedded development you’re at – whether prototyping new innovations, or scaling production to reach new customer opportunities – Snapdragon for embedded solutions support a clear deployment path starting with development kits and single-board computers and scaling up to customer solutions, integration services and production-ready, customizable System-on-Modules (SOMs). The first step is choosing which Snapdragon processor best supports your needs.
The Snapdragon 410 processor for embedded computing offers high performance, rich multimedia, low power consumption and support for multiple operating systems (Android, Linux, Windows 10). It is ideal for Internet of Things use cases in smart homes, industrial automation, digital media players, smart surveillance and home appliances, and is designed for longevity.
- Quad ARM® Cortex® A53 at up to 1.4 GHz with both 32-bit and 64-bit support
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 Graphics with support for multiple APIs including OpenGL ES 3.0, DirectX, and OpenCL for PC-quality graphics
- 13MP camera support with Wavelet Noise Reduction and JPEG Decoder done in hardware
- Integrated support for Wi-Fi/WLAN, Bluetooth® and GPS
The Snapdragon 600 processor for embedded computing is the ideal processor for building advanced systems with multi-core performance and immersive 3D graphics. The energy-efficient Snapdragon 600 processor allows for long battery life and smaller industrial designs, and is designed for longevity.
- Quad-core Qualcomm® Krait™ 300 CPU at up to 1.7GHz per core for advanced multitasking and multithreaded application support
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 320 Graphics with support for APIs including OpenGL ES, DirectX and OpenCL for console-quality 3D graphics
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ QDSP6 V4 (up to 500MHz) for differentiated signal processing
- 1080p video encode/decode with multi-screen HD support and integrated HDMI
In addition to the Snapdragon for embedded portfolio, there are hardware solutions available from several technology providers based on select Snapdragon processors.