Internet of Things (IoT) Development Platform
In the Internet of Things (IoT) everyday objects are readable, recognizable, locatable, addressable and controllable over the Internet. The IoT Development Platform offers hardware and software for designing and building IoT/machine-to-machine (M2M) devices with built-in cellular connectivity.
The Platform runs Java Embedded ME SDK and includes components used to build, test and prove cellular-enabled IoT/M2M applications. With onboard sensors, indicators and relays, the IoT Development Platform is ready for you to quickly develop and test a range of applications including:
- automotive, transportation and logistics
- smart energy and security
- industrial automation and enterprise
- consumer and other M2M
- digital home
Because cellular Gobi modems and customized ARM-based application processors are integrated into the system-on a-chip designs, there’s no need for additional processors, microcontrollers or memory, reducing PCB area and offering additional cost savings.
The IoT Development Platform offers:
- A simpler, more time efficient and more cost-effective method for designing, developing and deploying 3G connected IoT devices and applications
- One board with the components to build, test and prove a cellular-enabled device concept
- Simple to set up and use
- Oracle JavaME Embedded SDK
- Designed to include components necessary for a quick “Hello World” M2M application
- Onboard sensors and access to chipset IO’s and interfaces
- Designed to enable easy deployment of optimized solutions by reusing modules and application code on end-product
- No additional processor or microcontroller necessary - lower BOM cost
A customer can deploy application software independent of hardware design, prototyping and optimization resulting in savings of both cost and development time.