5G is poised to make quite an impact on our world with its faster, fiber-like speeds, lower latency (near one millisecond), greater capacity to accommodate billions of IoT devices, as well as higher reliability and availability. Developers will be able to use 5G’s enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) for new immersive XR experiences, create applications with mission-critical control that can transform industries, and build massive IoT applications.
We have a number of development tools listed below to help you with your projects, and some additional resources to get you up to speed on all that 5G offers.
Regardless of the connectivity choice you make, we have a number of development resources available to help with your project:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X50 5G Modem – this 5G modem supports the mmWave signal range providing up to 5 Gbps. This modem is to be used in conjunction with the Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform.
- Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, the industry’s first commercial 5G mobile platform, includes resources for AI, image processing and video that you can use to make your apps smarter and more responsive.
- The Snapdragon 855 platform also features QTI’s RF Front-end solutions with support for mmWave and frequencies below 6 GHz. All of this powers most of the first wave of 5G devices, including phones from all major Android OEMs who are either selling or have announced flagship 5G phones.
- Check out the hooks for 5G in Android Q through enhancements to APIs in the ConnectivityManager class designed to allow your applications to detect 5G network availability and performance on Android devices.
Latest Blogs and Podcasts
Explore these links about the latest trends and key features of wireless technologies and tools for more ideas and insight into your own projects:
- Connectivity Options for IoT Developers (eBook) - our new eBook, a primer on connectivity technologies, provides a good overview of how 5G works with other connectivity options.