Forums - Power Consumption Measurement on P10 Lite, how dependable is the estimated power usage

1 post / 0 new
Power Consumption Measurement on P10 Lite, how dependable is the estimated power usage
roointan
Posted: Mon, 2018-08-20 05:55

Hello

I'm trying to measure power consumption of an app, in order to optimize it.

Under settings, only Estimate Power Consumption is enabled for my device. And it's running Android 8.

The values it is showing seems to be valid. But I'm not sure.

When profiling the system, it shows an average value of about 400mW.

How accurate is the value?

I don't care about the values to be precise, but I expect to get a correct delta value of power usage after implementing the proposed fixes for the app.

Can I depend on Trepn for this use case on my device? If implementing a fix shows a 20% less power usage on Trepn, or if it shows no change, will that be dependable?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.