Forums - Bugs with mpdecision

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bugs with mpdecision
jumali1995
Posted: Sun, 2018-01-21 07:45

*/ Hi, :)

I have a Xiaomi device where all updates since around 1,5 years have a lagging audio output and Xiaomi of course doesn‘t try to fix the issue. As the community found out, the problem is probably somehow related to Qualcomms mpdecision and resolves itself when disabling mpdecision. The downside to disabling it is, that the battery drains extremely quick (often in ~3-4h without usage from 100% to 0%) when doing so.

My question is…. Is there a way to replace mpdecision or to prevent the battery from draining when mpdecision is disabled?

Or is there another way to resolve the issue other then downgrading or buying a phone from a proper manufacturer? ^^

Greetings Julian

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Sun, 2018-01-21 09:22

I'm unaware of a way to easily disable mpdecision without an effect on battery life. You might find an answer to this question if you post on https://android.stackexchange.com/ or XDA Developers. 

One POSSIBLE, but potentially risky situation to this problem MIGHT be using a custom ROM, but you'd want to carefully research this first and make sure the ROM you want to use has been tested and works well with your model of phone. You also should only do this if you understand ALL of the risks of rooting and flashing your device. You probably already do, but not everyone does. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.