Forums - Trepn and Android N

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Trepn and Android N
ToolsPM
Posted: Wed, 2016-10-19 10:58

We received several questions about Android 7 support, so I wanted to share my observations here:

- CPU Frequency Overlay preset - Appears to work fine

- Mobile Data Detective preset - No longer works - Reports 'No applications are running'

- Performance Graph preset - CPU stats look fine. GPU Frequency and GPU Load appear incorrectly as "0"

- CPU Usage Monitor preset - No longer works - Reports 'No applications are running'

- CPU Load Overlay preset - Appears to work fine

- Network Activity preset - Appears to work fine except - direct power readings on devices like the Nexus 6 appear to no longer be available, so Trepn auto-switches to estimated power. 

Let me know if you experience any problems I have not listed here. Thanks. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
speedslayerr
Posted: Wed, 2017-04-19 05:19
Hi Rick, thanks for working on the issues addressed here. This product is great, and I hope to see it working seamlessly with Android N asap. Any progress on the CPU usage monitor since this post? -ant
  • Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Wed, 2017-04-19 10:05

Sadly we have not made any progress on this yet. We're still looking to get a new resource assigned to this project. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
yiqin
Posted: Wed, 2017-07-26 09:44

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the information. I am a graduate student working on a smartphone power project and I am using a Nexus 6P. I guess the direct power readings are still not available on Nexus 6P and Trepn still shows estimated power because that's what the setttings told me. If that's the case, how does Trepn estimate power consumption? It would be very helpful if you could give some information on this. Thanks!

Best,

Yi

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Wed, 2017-07-26 10:33

Hi Yi,

I just responded to your DM on this topic. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
haldi4803
Posted: Fri, 2017-11-17 22:20
So on Android O based AOSP custom ROMs if there is a direct Power source, can we assume it's correct?https://i.imgur.com/GvLQv2q.pngGreetings,
  • Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Sat, 2017-11-18 10:04

Greetings Haldi,

This is very interesting.

Make sure that your mobile device is not estimating power. If direct power is not available, that option won't be selectable in settings. If it is estimating, make sure it can read CPU load and GPU load and frequency, since we use those to estimate power, along with other things. 

700mW is a credible value if your screen is not very bright and your device is in an idle state. 

What phone and Custom ROM are you using? This could be a great workaround for us. Thanks for sharing this. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
haldi4803
Posted: Sat, 2017-11-18 10:35

i just tried it on the PureFusion N 7.1.2 ROM which is AOSP based. I do have Direct Power available there too, on my HTC 10.

• Up0
  • Down0
ToolsPM
Posted: Sat, 2017-11-18 15:57

This is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing this info. 

- Rick

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.