Not all mobile devices report accurate system power consumption. Here is a list of devices that report accurate battery power when used with Trepn Profiler or App Tune-up Kit. This is not a comprehensive list. There are many other devices that work as well. These are the ones we've tested (or have been told work by our users).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Even though your device is not on this list, Trepn or App Tune-up Kit will still estimate power consumption. This normally happens automatically.
- Asus ZenFone 5 T00F (appears to report accurate power, but this has an Intel processor, so it’s possible this data isn’t accurate.)
- Dragonboard(tm) Development Kit based on the Snapdragon 810 (APQ8094)
- HTC Butterfly 2
- HTC Desire 510
- HTC Droid DNA
- HTC One M7 (2013)
- HTC One M8 (2014)
- HTC One M8T
- HTC One M9 (2015)*
- Huawei G620 4G (G620-L75)
- Kyocera Urbano L01 KYY21
- LG Optimus G Pro
- LG G Flex D950
- LG G Flex2 (LS996)
- LG G2 Verizon VS980
- LG G4 (Model LG-H818)
- LG Optimus G E975
- LG V10 smartphone (LG-H901)*
- Motorola G (1st Gen) (XT1032)
- Motorola Moto X Ghost XT1056
- Motorola XT1572 (8992)*
- Nexus 4 smartphone
- Nexus 5 smartphone (2013)
- Nexus 5X smartphone (2015) Requires Trepn 6.2 of later
- Nexus 6 smartphone (2014)
- Nexus 6P smartphone (2015) Requires Trepn 6.2 of later
- Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi tablet
- Nexus 7 (2013) 4G LTE tablet
- Snapdragon S2 MSM8655 MDP (FLUID)
- Snapdragon S3 MSM8660 MDP (FLUID)
- Snapdragon S4 Pro (8960) MDP smartphone (FLUID)
- Snapdragon 600 (8064) MDP tablet (LiQUID)
- Snapdragon 800 (8974) MDP tablet (LiQUID)
- Snapdragon 800 (8974) MDP smartphone (FLUID)
- Snapdragon 801 (8974AB) MDP smartphone (FLUID)
- Snapdragon 805 (8084) MDP tablet (LiQUID)
- Snapdragon 810 (8994) MDP tablet (LiQUID)*
- Snapdragon 810 (8994) MDP smartphone (FLUID)*
- Sony Xperia A Dogo Maki SO-04E
- Sony Xperia SP C5303 smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z C6603
- Sony Xperia Z1 C6903
- Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z3 smartphone
- Sony Xperia ZL
- TCL Joy J738M (China Mobile)
- Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi 3/ Xiaomi Mi 3w smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi 4 smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone*
- Xiaomi Mi Note Pro smartphone*
- Yota Phone 2 YD201
- ZTE Q505T (China Mobile) (unsupported screen size, some text cutoff)
- ZUK Z2*
* Power values only update every 30 seconds.
Help Us Add to This List
We’re continually expanding our list of devices that report accurate battery power. If you could perform the simple test below, it would help us greatly. Before testing, make sure your device is NOT on the list of supported devices above. If your device is on that list, you do not need to test it. Also non-Nexus Samsung smartphones are known to NOT work, so there is no need to test those.
How to determine whether your mobile device supports battery power
1. Download and install Trepn Profiler here
2. Open Trepn Profiler. Touch ‘Accept’ if it’s the first time you’re running it. Important: MAKE SURE YOUR DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED TO A USB CABLE. This includes a charger or computer.
3. Touch the beaker icon in the upper right.
4. Touch the Settings button and select the ‘Data Points’ tab.
5. Next, check ‘Battery Power’ if it’s present. If it is not present, press the ‘Back’ button and skip to step 8.
6. Press the ‘Back’ button to return to the Trepn home screen.
7. Touch the ‘Profile System’ button.
8. Touch the ‘Stats’ button and write down the number under ‘Average’ next to Battery Power.
If you see battery power values in the range below, your device is reporting accurate battery power:
o 4” to 5” smartphone – 400 mW to 800 mW
o 6” smartphone/7” tablet – 700 mW to 2500mW
o 10” tablet – 2000 mW to 4000 mW
7. Go back to the home screen and touch ‘Stop Profiling’ and ‘Don’t save’
8. Use the menu soft-key to go to the ‘About’ box
9. Touch ‘Device Info’ and write down the manufacturer, model and chipset of your mobile device.
10. E-mail the info below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Average battery power: Make sure to indicate whther an asterisk is present here.
Thanks for your help.
- Trepn Team