Forums - Error running the executable file

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Error running the executable file
kshitiz16051
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-27 05:53

Sir,

I was running the symphony_examples_helloworld on android emulator with android 6.0 and arm-CPU, running on x86 linux system. I have installed Qualcomm Symphony SDK "arm-linux-androideabi" directory and was trying to verify the installation, I got following error on command :

~/SDK/platform-tools/adb shell /data/local/tmp/symphony/symphony_examples_helloworld

Detected Symphony running from a live terminal, using standard error for all debugging output
FATAL        0 tb6f8db34 /home/jenkins/installer_arm-linux-androideabi/symphony-1.1.4/src/lib/runtime.cc:404 runtime_init() This version of Symphony is targeted to Snapdragon(TM) platforms
tb6f8db34 /home/jenkins/installer_arm-linux-androideabi/symphony-1.1.4/src/lib/runtime.cc:404 **********
tb6f8db34 /home/jenkins/installer_arm-linux-androideabi/symphony-1.1.4/src/lib/runtime.cc:404 - Terminating with exit(1)
tb6f8db34 /home/jenkins/installer_arm-linux-androideabi/symphony-1.1.4/src/lib/runtime.cc:404 **********

The emulator cpuinfo is as follows:

processor    : 0
model name    : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS    : 125.00
Features    : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 evtstrm
CPU implementer    : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant    : 0x2
CPU part    : 0xc0f
CPU revision    : 1
Hardware    : Dummy Virtual Machine
Revision    : 0000
Serial        : 0000000000000000

Kindly help.

Thank you!

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-27 07:26

Symphony SDK is only functional on devices powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC, therefore it will not work on an Android emulator.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
kshitiz16051
Posted: Thu, 2018-06-28 07:49

Sir,

I am trying to build symphony SDK which works for all cpu+gpu+dsp on Android smartphone, can you please resolve the following queries:
1. What all Qualcomm Snapdragon processors/series can be used to install/build symphony.
2. On what Android versions we can install/build symphony? Since the symphony sdk is launched recently, will it work only on latest versions of android like oreo(8.0), or will it be fine with versions like marshmallow (6.0). Also, for DSP, does hexagon SDK have a particular android version requirement?
3. How can we build dsp version of symphony as it is only for 32 bit architecture(Hexagon SDK only for 32 bit) and all the new smartphones come with 64 bit architecture.
4. Can you suggest some android smartphones on which symphony can be install/build?
5. We need the /system directory of the hardware to be in "writable" mode in order to push and execute the executable symphony_examples files on the smartphone. According to the following link, remounting /system to writable mode only works till Android 6.
"It works with Marshmallow (6.0) using Genymotion. mount -o remount,rw /system"
Can symphony be built on a smartphone with android 6?

Kindy suggest.
Thank you.
  • Up0
  • Down0
khawkins Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-06-28 15:26

Hi,

The Symphony SDK was actually launched a few years go. It is being replaced by the Power Optimization SDK and the Heterogeneous Compute SDK, which is the SDK that just launched. I recommend reviewing these two SDKs as I believe most of your questions will be addressed. 

Power Optimization SDK: https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/snapdragon-power-optimization-sdk

Heterogeneous Compute SDK: https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/heterogeneous-compute-sdk

Symphony SDK will be removed from Qualcomm Developer Network in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Kevin

• Up1
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.