Forums - Verifying on Android using ndk-build

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Verifying on Android using ndk-build
priysha16256
Posted: Sun, 2018-06-17 22:00
Hi I have installed aarch-linux-android directory on an x86 system and trying to verify the same on Android, using ndk-build command. It turns out at the end that symphony_examples_helloworld file is non-executable. Kindly guide me about the error and help. I am new to this. Thank you.
  • Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2018-06-18 10:43

Please provide more detail about the problem you are seeing, such as the steps you took to execute the sample and the specific error message you are seeing.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
priysha16256
Posted: Tue, 2018-06-19 22:12

NDK build r10e is used for the verification process for installed aarch64-linux-android directory (cpu release only). The executable symphony_examples_helloworld has been pushed to a Marshmellow Android emulator. I gave it suitable permissions to execute using chmod command. But while running, it gives me the following error :

/system/bin/sh: ./symphony_examples_helloworld : not executable : 64-bit ELF file.

Kindly suggest. Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
asraghav
Posted: Thu, 2018-06-21 12:49

Is your emulator capable of running 64bit binary? From the error it looks like there is some sort of mismatch between the architecture you are running the binary on and the architecture the executable is created for. Can you double check this. Could you also please give us the command you used to compile symphony for 64 bit Android.

Aravind.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.