Forums - Symphony installation in Android Sanpdragon 820

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Symphony installation in Android Sanpdragon 820
srijeeta.dona
Posted: Wed, 2018-05-30 21:37

I am able to install Symphony  (aarch64-linux-androidand) in the Snapdragon 820 device and  verified for SYMPHONY_LIB_TYPE=release-cpu only. But it is not working when I am trying with SYMPHONY_LIB_TYPE=release-gpu as it is getting the following error-

cannot find -lOpenCL
clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2018-06-04 15:09

Building with Symphony in GPU mode requires the OpenCL headers and library from Khronos. Please see section 2.2 of the Symphony user documentation for instructions regarding using OpenCL.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
srijeeta.dona
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-06 02:50

Thank you for your response. I am able to run it for GPU.

Now I am trying with DSP. I have already run the demo calculator program in DSP from Hexagon SDK.

I have already 'make tree' and have the  ${HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT}/examples/common/symphony_hexagon_examples/android_Debug/ship/libsymphony_hexagon_examples.so ${HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT}/examples/common/symphony_hexagon_examples/hexagon_Debug_dynamic/ship/libsymphony_hexagon_examples_skel.so

But when I am trying to build with ndk-build SYMPHONY_LIB_TYPE := release I am getting the following error.

[arm64-v8a] Executable     : symphony_examples_create_kernel1
clang++: error: no such file or directory: 'examplescommonsymphony_hexagon_examplesandroid_Debugship'
make: *** [obj/local/arm64-v8a/symphony_examples_create_kernel1] Error 1

• Up0
  • Down0
asraghav
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-06 18:14

Have you set HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT variable in examples/jni/Android.mk before you ran ndk-build? Please refer to Section 2.6 in the documentation.

Aravind.

• Up0
  • Down0
srijeeta.dona
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-06 22:25

Yes I have already modified that in the jni/Android.mk file as below -

HEXAGON_SDK_ROOT := /home/srijeeta/Tools/Qualcomm/Hexagon_SDK/3.1/

SYMPHONY_LIB_TYPE := release

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.