Forums - Installing Debian Package

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Installing Debian Package
kshitiz16051
Posted: Wed, 2018-05-23 11:13

I have downloaded debian package for Symphony sdk through this site. I am unable to "accept" the license while installing the downloaded package via dpkg/gdebi command. The license viewed on the terminal simply doesnot show any "accept" button and "ACCEPT" argument in the command makes no difference. Kindly help.

• Up0
  • Down0
asraghav
Posted: Fri, 2018-05-25 16:39

Hi,

Once you have read the license in the terminal editor, make sure to quit from the editor. That will prompt the installer to show [accept|no], at this point if you type in "accept ",the installation will proceed and install the SDK in the location of your choice.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you still see issues after trying out the above suggestion.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
kshitiz16051
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-06 22:31

Hey
Thank you, i could do that.

Here is another doubt i have while installing Symphony System Manager SDK :

I am on a x86_64 linux system and have installed and verified Symphony System Manager SDK debian package (the  x86_64-linux-gnu directory) according to step 1 of following link :

https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/symphony-system-manager-sdk/quic...

When on step 2, i need a path to SYMPHONY.mk file which is not present in x86_64-linux-gnu directory. Only arm-linux-androideabi and aarch64-linux-android directories have this file. How do i proceed with Integrating Symphony SDK with Android NDK Applications (already built using Android studio) on an x86_64 linux system.

Kindly help.

Thanks!

*/

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-06-07 09:32

The directories in the Symphony package refer to the platform you are targeting, not the platform you are building on. So if you are building an Android application you should use the files in the arm-linux-androideabi or aarch64-linux-android directory.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
kshitiz16051
Posted: Fri, 2018-06-08 22:09

Hi

Thanks for your help.

While proceeding for verification of installation of aarch64-linux-android package on Android, using ndk-build as per link https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/symphony-system-manager-sdk/quic..., i am facing the following issue: in the fourth step of pushing the executable to the device, i get obj/local/armeabi-v7a/symphony_examples_helloworld : not found error. Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance!

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2018-06-11 10:11

If you have built a 64 bit Android package the file is in obj/local/arm64-v8a/symphony_examples_helloworld, as indicated in the instructions.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
kshitiz16051
Posted: Mon, 2018-06-11 23:02

Hey !
I have tried that too!

While building on aarch64-linux-android, both obj/local/armeabi-v7a/symphony_examples_helloworld and obj/local/arm64-v8a/symphony_examples_helloworld give me "not found error".

Moreover, i am unable to locate the "$(SYMPHONY_DIR)/obj" directory as a whole. how do i proceed ?

Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2018-06-12 10:55

To clarify, are you looking in the examples directory? For instance, for aarch64-linux-android it would be <SYMPHONY_INSTALL_DIR>/aarch64-linux-android/examples/obj.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
kshitiz16051
Posted: Wed, 2018-06-13 00:03

Yes, i am looking for 'obj' in the same directory as you mentioned. 

ls -a | grep obj in Qualcomm/Symphony/1.1.4/aarch64-linux-android/examples directory gives me the following result :

pattern_object.cc

pipeline_wcd_iter_ctlchl_obj.cc

pipeline_wcd_ofs_ctlchl_obj.cc

pipeline_wcd_ofs_ct_obj.cc

pipeline_wcd_ofs_lch_obj.cc

pipeline_wocd_iter_ct_obj.cc

pipeline_wocd_iter_lch_obj.cc

=> No obj directory is found.

Kindly suggest. Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2018-06-14 10:40

When you run ndk-build it creates the obj and lib directories. If you've followed the instructions you referenced I can't explain how that directory would not exist.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.