We are pleased to announce the release of Symphony SDK 1.1.0. We have added a number of features that some of you have been asking for. In particular:
- * we refined and enhanced the point kernels to support multiple data types and operators, enhanced the macros to define the point kernels and integrated them with the heterogeneous pfor_each pattern. By default hetero pfor_each will spread the work according to static heuristics, however, you can control the granularity of execution using our tuners
- * we enhanced the poly kernels APIs and tuned the scheduler to take advantage of them
- * added tuners to more patterns, including pipeline, and enabled heterogeneous execution of pipeline stages
- * simplified and enhanced the heterogeneous data management APIs
- * separated the power APIs into a standalone library (on Android) and added a C API to control power optimizations to simplify integration with projects that focus on power optimizations
- * and more. Please see the NEWS file in the installation directory.
The Symphony team