Forums - OpenCL metrics not working

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
OpenCL metrics not working
charles.garibal
Posted: Tue, 2022-01-25 06:33

Hi,

I'm a GPU embedded developer working on optimizing OpenCL algorithms on the Snapdragon 888 platform (with the Adregno 660 GPU) with the Asus ROG Phone 5. The Snapdragon Profiler offers a way to collect OpenCL metrics that seems to be a precious tool to measure performance and guide optimizations of kernels.

The timeline trace of OpenCL calls works well but activating metrics shows zero valued measures. The strange thing is that it worked for few days without knowing why because it did not made any particular change in my environment or the way i was profiling.

I tried a lot of solutions to understand the problem, read documentations (also Adreno GPU Profiler), reset phone/software but I didn't succeed to get it back.

Is someone facing the same issue ? or anyone can have an idea of what could be the issue ? 

Thanks,

Charles Garibal.

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Fri, 2022-02-11 07:01

"The strange thing is that it worked for few days without knowing why because it did not made any particular change in my environment or the way i was profiling."
Do you mean it ever worked for few days, but later could not work? Do you try to uninstall SP and reinstall the latest version SP to test?

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
jibrankichumi
Posted: Mon, 2022-05-09 01:42
Hey thanks for the special and helpful reply. In this you described very well. I have been reading all details you described here. If I want any more guideline I will contact  you here https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-floridalottery-profiler/69636 
  • Up0
  • Down0
jibushehzada
Posted: Tue, 2022-05-10 18:40

My problem is solved thanks to all. I am going to share this thread https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-gosloto-profiler/69636#comment-19323 with my friends and brother who faced the same problem.

Thanks again

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Fri, 2022-05-13 00:51

It is good to hear your issue is solved.

please feel free to raise questions/issues here if you face any new problem in future.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
urgot68
Posted: Mon, 2022-05-23 19:55

Quote:
My problem is solved thanks to all. I am going to share this thread Friday Night Funkin https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/software/snapdragon-gosloto-profiler/69636#comment-19323 with my friends and brother who faced the same problem.

Thanks again

I also shared with you.

• Up0
  • Down0
DuBo
Posted: Thu, 2022-06-02 03:09

Good.

Thanks
Bob Du

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.