Forums - Snapdragon can not show the Shaders

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Snapdragon can not show the Shaders
bearluoxianhua
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-24 23:46

when I select the glUseProgram, the Shader Analyzer can not show the shader, just show "Program:418[Binary Program]".

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-10-03 16:48

Profiler is unable to show shader code for apps that use binary (precompiled) shaders because the code is never submitted to the OpenGL driver. If the app can be modified to not use binary shaders then you will be able to examine the code in Profiler. Alternatively you can try enabling the Disable Binary Programs/Shaders option (in the Options panel, select System, GL General Options). When this option is enabled, Profiler will prevent the app from using binary shaders. If the app properly falls back to using the shader source then you will be able see the source in Profiler. However, not all apps handle this circumstance correctly, which usually results in the app crashing.

Eric

• Up0
  • Down0
starportx
Posted: Thu, 2018-10-25 02:54

Sorry I didn't find this "GL General Options"  on my pixel2 XL setting, Can you show me how?

• Up0
  • Down0
eshaw Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2018-10-31 17:50

The setting I was referring to is in Snapdragon Profiler. After connecting to the device, in the Options view (lower right corner), select System in the first combo box, then GL General Options in the second combo box. In the options list you should see Disable Binary Programs. Change that option to True, then run your app.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.